Terms of participation
- You may only participate in the competition if you are aged at least 18 years or older.
By participating in the Open Call you confirm that you agree to these terms and accept them.
We are permitted to receive and save your registration details and to use them in the context of the Open Call. We are allowed to send you emails about the progress of the Open Call. If you require your details to be checked or corrected, write us an e-mail at the following address: email@example.com
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to exclude any entry from the Open Call and to remove it from our publications (online and print), as far as the following specifications guaranteed by you have not been complied with:
– You possess the copyright and are the creator of your entry
– You also have the right, in relation to third parties, to submit the entry for this Open Call
– To the best of your knowledge the entry contains no material that symbolizes or promotes conduct that might be deemed a criminal act or might otherwise be in breach of applicable law in another way.
The entry does not in any way infringe the copyrights, brand (rights), or intellectual property rights of third parties and in particular contains no:
– Brands that belong to third parties.
– Materials that are copyright protected by third parties or references such as names, optical similarities or comparable features to prominent persons, living or deceased, or to other persons in public life.
In the event of a violation you will compensate us in relation to licence fees, damage compensation or other sums that accrue to third parties.
You are responsible for ensuring that all illustrated persons in your entry have provided their consent to being illustrated and also having this illustration published. Likewise, you are responsible for ensuring that these persons also have the right to provide you with corresponding consent.
All necessary approvals, such as approval for recording, for instance, must be obtained by you.
Unrestricted copyright for every entry remains with the participant.
All participants are in agreement that all entries that are submitted for Open Call may be reproduced (with indication of the author’s copyright) and used on all media and screens for the implementation and promotion, e.g. as part of an editor’s pick on the Nobody is an Island Instagram channel. You herewith grant us the right to use the submitted entries in the context of promotional measures.
- Every entry that is used by us will include an author’s credit. In the event that a credit is omitted in the individual case, this will not lead to any immediate discontinuation of contract as long as all necessary measures are undertaken to eliminate this error within a reasonable period from the moment of awareness.